Someone to make taxes simple – part time (2 days/week – but could expand) – now hiring
This advert is aimed at creative energetic people who get stuff done, and who are looking for a great role in a fabulous team. If you’re a recruiter or a dev shop, of course you also have a job to do, but please note that we want to meet people directly 🙂 so understand that we won’t be responding to you.
untied is a revolutionary tax app for ordinary people, working with banks, accounting firms, gig-economy platforms and HMRC.
We’ve achieved a lot already but have even bigger plans. To make them a reality means bringing together great people with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
We believe staying on top of your taxes should be stress-fee and easy. Gig-economy workers and SMEs should be able to get on with the work they do best without having to worry about tracking every expense, worrying how to comply with complicated rules, missing deadlines or calculating what they owe.
The untied team cares passionately about making taxes easy and accessible, using technology and automation to help people follow the rules and reduce the tax they pay. This is how you get involved …
You’ll play a key role in ensuring that untied users are tax confident. It sits between a tax expert, tax process simplifier, and tax author.
You’ll be a point of tax expertise and skill in the business, working with those responsible for product, design and also developers to keep untied at the front of tax simplification. You’ll also write tax content, including help desk articles and other guidance and tips for users.
- Understanding UK personal tax rules (this could be HMRC or professional qualification background)
- Awareness of changes that are coming through Making Tax Digital
- Experience of translating difficult tax concepts into accessible language
- Simplifying tax flows
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about simplifying taxes and able to demonstrate how to do this
- Familiar with HMRC tax processes
- Motivated by pushing boundaries in ways that are legitimate
- Keen on working with an early stage funded startup (eg it may be that you’ve worked in an accounting firm and this could be a step into fintech)
Nice to have:
- Experience writing consumer-finance content around tax
- Experience of being self-employed and doing taxes yourself!
- Strong working environment (five star employer on Glassdoor)
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Remote working (UK/EU based preferred)
- Join an exciting startup at an early – and funded – stage and work directly with the founders to help shape the vision
Deadline to apply: 23rd October 2020. Decision: 1st November. To apply send your CV to email@example.com.
Got questions? Drop us a line – firstname.lastname@example.org!