Chief Operating Officer
Will you be untied’s first Chief Operating Officer, helping lead untied to scale and success?
untied is a revolutionary fintech that enables people to take control of their taxes. Our products include the UK’s personal tax app, APIs and journeys that embed tax into third party services and integrations with the banks and the tax authority.
untied is growing quickly, from the UK’s first-ever fully mobile tax return in 2019 to the country’s first payment to HMRC using Open Banking in 2021.
To build products for everyone’s tax needs, we need great passionate people with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
We’re looking for a Chief Operating Officer, taking on responsibilities that up to now have been undertaken by the founders.
It’s a broad and key role, providing the foundations for the business – operational, financial and administrative systems, recruitment, regulation, policies and processes.
Whether from previous start-up experience or elsewhere, you’ll work well with others in the chaos of our high growth environment, understanding objectives, taking responsibility and getting things done quickly and to a high quality. You’ll need good communication skills, the ability to stay on top of things, and the wisdom to know what to do before things break.
You’ll put a lot in. We also hope you’ll get a lot out. As a business we are supportive. For us, success is that people enjoy working with untied, feel valued, and develop knowledge and skills, and of course that together we take the business forward with intent. Talk to us and learn more about what it’s like working here.
Bring your passion and energy (plenty of energy). We’re looking for someone who likes a challenge!
What your colleagues say about you:
- You get stuff done, and have a disproportionately positive effect on the productivity and enjoyment of those around you
- You collaborate effectively to deliver timely results
- You shape effective processes that can be replicated across the organisation
You (Essential; Desirable)
- A strong coordinator (E)
- Operational leadership (E)
- Recruitment and HR experience (D)
- Strong communication and financial modelling skills (E)
- Flexibility to deliver at scale in a fast-growing environment (E)
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment (E)
- Fintech experience (D)
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (D)
- You’ll be motivated by the overall success of the business (D)
Designing, implementing and monitoring operational strategy and systems.
Oversight of all operations: responsible for people, IT and systems, administration.
Risk management and mitigation: design, implement and regularly update policies to manage and mitigate business risk.
Legal and compliance: working with senior management in the legal and regulatory compliance area, ensuring operations comply with appropriate legislation and regulation and delivering timely submissions of reports, filings and statutory payments.
If you’re interested:
- Talk to us about how you could fit with untied (if the link doesn’t work, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)