UX/UI designer – now hiring
This advert is aimed at creative energetic people who get stuff done, and who are looking for a great role in a fabulous team. If you’re a recruiter or a dev shop, of course you also have a job to do, but please note that we want to meet people directly 🙂 so understand that we won’t be responding to you.
untied is a revolutionary tax app for ordinary people, working with banks, accounting firms, gig-economy platforms and HMRC. Supported by Barclays, Techstars and Accenture’s Fintech Innovation Lab we’ve broken the mould to make taxes simple.
We’ve achieved a lot already but have even bigger plans. To make them a reality means bringing together great people with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
We believe staying on top of your taxes should be stress-fee and easy. Gig-economy workers and SMEs should be able to get on with the work they do best without having to worry about tracking every expense, worrying how to comply with complicated rules, missing deadlines or calculating what they owe.
The untied team cares passionately about making taxes easy and accessible, using technology and automation to help people follow the rules and reduce the tax they pay. This is how you get involved …
untied is looking for a designer. You’ll be mainly UX, but given the small size of the team, this will also include aspects of service design and UI design – plus many other areas where you’ll be getting your hands dirty!
You may be someone who’s worked in a larger agency and wants the challenge of taking responsibility across a groundbreaking product. Or you could have experience from another fintech, and are excited by a new challenge.
You’ll be able to understand process requirements, conduct user research, develop mockups and task flows and collaborate with developers to create slick user experiences that meet technical and regulatory requirements. Importantly, people trust untied to get their taxes right … so we need to give them the tools for them to do this as easily as possible.
You will be:
- A creative spark … someone where people say “wow” about your work
- Be able to bring a design system to untied reflecting our leadership in tax simplification
- Agile: You’ll be comfortable with change and able to work fast
- Passionate about simplification
- Able to use relevant design/prototyping tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Avocode, Marvel
- Strong working environment (five star employer on Glassdoor)
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Remote working (UK based)
- If you’re looking for flexibility, we could make this a 4 day equivalent role
- Join an exciting startup at an early – and funded – stage and work directly with the founders to help shape the vision
To apply send your CV and a portfolio of relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got questions? Drop us a line – email@example.com!