So much has happened that it only seems like a few days ago that we started on the London Accenture Fintech Innovation Lab Accelerator. In fact, it was three months ago, and we now find ourselves at the start of the final week of the programme! Graduation day is on Thursday 28th and we are looking forward to one final pitch, meeting the press and sharing the day with our partners and new friends.
It has been an incredible experience. We’ve presented to the likes of JP Morgan, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, Socgen, UBS Banca, Intesa Sanpaolo, RBS, Santander, Nationwide, and Direct Line. We’ve met people from all over Accenture and their partners; been inspired by other startups; taken part in workshops and seminars on everything from pitch practice to investment and working with corporates. We’ve also benefited immensely from time given up generously by investors and business mentors from within Accenture and other organisations. We’ve been blown away by how everyone is so eager to help and see us succeed and been so generous with their time.
So, what have we learnt and what have we achieved since January? Well here are some key milestones:
- The UK’s first fully mobile tax return was submitted via our beta app in January
- We’ve developed our proposition for partners, both in and out the programme
- Kevin has demonstrated an ability to start a pitch in Italian and Finnish
- We’ve learnt so much from the other fintechs in the programme, many of which are further down the road than we are
- We leave with valuable new relationships.
What’s next for untied?
- Through partners established while in the lab we plan to launch a pilot in the next couple of months.
- We aim to launch to consumers in September 2019.
We want to thank all our friends and partners for all their support. It’s sometimes hard to believe that we are not yet one year old but have achieved so much already and have so much more to look forward to. Our thanks to Jen, Matt, Gideon and team for their hard work running the lab, and to everyone else at Accenture. And especially to our stream lead Graham Cressey, and Sam and Sophie and their team – we couldn’t have done it without you.
Thanks for being on this journey. Now thanks to the accelerator it’s all a lot faster.