Welcome to untied’s tax return

If you’re looking for comment on topics such as Open Banking, fintech, personal tax and financial management we would be more than happy to help. Please drop us a line to contact@untied.io.

How to file a tax return if you live or work outside the UK

Most people have a choice of how to file their tax return and can choose to do so by filling in forms on the HMRC website. But this option isn't open to those who are non-resident and earning money in this country (such as a non-resident...

untied's tax return checklist - updated for 28 February 2022

untied's famous tax return checklist is perfect for those people preparing their tax returns.

Ten top tips to help you complete your self-assessment tax return

We're here to give you confidence and get that tax return out the way. No jargon, no crazy fees, and knowing what you need to pay.We've assembled untied's top tips to make your tax filing journey plain sailing.

File in December to pay your tax bill through your PAYE tax code

Are you earning through PAYE and have additional tax to pay under £3,000? Then you might be able to pay your tax bill through an adjustment to your tax code, as long as you file your tax return by 30 December.

The complete tax guide to selling on Etsy

If you're a (UK-based) Etsy seller, or a creator making some extra money on the side, your Etsy income is taxable in the UK, but there are ways to reduce the tax bill. You're in the right place to find out what you need to know about...

It’s Small Business Saturday!

Happy Small Business Saturday from untied!  To celebrate this particular day, we’d like to you to meet one of our users, Natalia Gonzáles, who runs her own photography and digital marketing business. 

Everything you need to know about submitting a tax return (and were afraid to ask…)

The deadline for submitting your online self-assessment tax return is fast approaching. If you’ve never filed a tax return before, here’s what you need to know.

A freelancer’s guide to paying taxes

Whether you're a full-time freelancer or just doing it to make some extra money on the side, your freelance income is taxable in the UK. You're in the right place to find out all you need to know about taxes, and the specific tax reliefs...

What to do if you don't have a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)

UTR stands for Unique Taxpayer Reference. It's a unique 10-digit number that identifies you to HMRC. It's sometimes referred to as a "Tax Number". Everyone who needs to submit a self-assessment tax return should have a UTR – so that...